The Singapore Economic Development Board (“EDB” or “we”) provides this website and is the controller of your Personal Data.
Our representative in the European Union is Terence Gan, Regional President, EDB Vertretung in Deutschland, Bleichstraße 45, 60313 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland.
Our data protection officer may be contacted at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our website or use our services we may collect information that is related to you as an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data“). Examples for Personal Data are:
- IP Address
- Name and Address
- E-Mail Address
- Location Data
To safeguard your Personal Data, all electronic storage and transmission of Personal Data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Please contact the Singapore Economic Development Board:
- for any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures;
- if you require more information on or access to the data which you have earlier provided to us.
2. Personal Data We Process
2.1 Our Website
2.2 Contact Us/Provide Feedback
We may obtain your Personal Data when you contact us or provide feedback. We will process your name, e-mail-address and any other Personal Data you send us based on our legitimate interests in order to respond to you and to ensure the proper functioning and development of our website.
Based on your consent, we may also process Personal Data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your Personal Data only as legally allowed and necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
2.3 Singapore Global Investor Programme
You may send us your Personal Data when submitting your application form for the Singapore Global Investor Programme. The processing of the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in order to handle your application form.
You may also contact us and provide us with your Personal Data, such as your name, address and e-mail address, when you are interested in our procurement opportunities. In this case, the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
We may process Personal Data (such as your name, contact number, names of third parties involved) if you participate in our whistleblowing program in order to report improprieties (e.g. fraud or corruption) that involve EDB officer(s) and / or business partner(s). The processing of this Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
(a) Application for jobs and internships
We may process your Personal Data if you apply for a job or an internship via our Career Portal or if you update your details for your application in your job account. The processing of your Personal Data : name, , e-mail-address and contact number, ) will be necessary for us to evaluate your application and to perform any eventual contract with you.
(b) Job mail subscription
If you subscribe to our job mail subscription, we will process your e-mail address based on your consent in order to send you information about relevant positions.
2.7 Connections Concierge Service
The Connections Concierge Service provides support to international companies looking to expand their operations beyond their home markets. If you participate in our Connections Concierge Service you may send us Personal Data (name, e-mail address, company name , country, job level). The data processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in order to answer your requests and support you.
2.8 Social Media
If you choose to follow us at social networks or public forum accounts (such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter), you may provide us or allow your social network to provide us with information from your social network or public forum accounts. This data may include your public profile information, e-mail address and friends list on such public forums and/or social networks. For further information as to how and for what purpose the social network provider processes your Personal Data, please see their privacy policies.
2.9 Email Consent Forms
If you have filled in our online forms, you have opted in to send us Personal Data (such as name, e-mail address, company name, country, job level and industry). We will process this data for the purpose of sending relevant news and updates to you.
3.1 Other Government Agencies
Personal Data may be transferred to relevant government agencies for processing, if an application is submitted as described in sections 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6.
3.2 Other Third Parties
Personal Data may be transferred, on a case by case basis, to designated service providers for due diligence screening, if an application is submitted as described in sections 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6.
4. Storage Duration
The Personal Data we collect is stored so long as the data is still required for the purposes mentioned in Section 2.
5. Your Rights
Regarding the processing of your Personal Data you have the following rights:
- - the right to require (i) information whether your Personal Data is retained and (ii) access to and/or (iii) duplicates of the Personal Data retained free of charge;
- - the right to request proper rectification and, if compatible with the purpose of processing, completion of your Personal Data;
- - in justified cases the right to request removal of your Personal Data or restriction of processing;
- - where processing of your Personal Data is either based on your consent or necessary for the performance of a contract with you and processing is carried out by automated means, the right to receive the Personal Data you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to have your Personal Data transmitted directly to another company, where technically feasible (data portability);
- - where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal or to any other existing legal justification of the processing activity in question;
- - the right not to be subject to any automatic individual decisions which produces legal effects on you or similarly significantly affects you and
- - the right to take legal actions in relation to any breach of your rights regarding the processing of the Personal Data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators.
To exercise these rights please send us an e-mail at the following email address:email@example.com.
As far as we process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you may object to processing at any time. You may find the detailed description of our processing activities and the legal basis in the section above. If you object, we will no longer process your Personal Data unless there are compelling and prevailing legitimate grounds for the processing or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Please note that the processing of your Personal Data may involve marketing activities as described above. If you do not want that we process your Personal Information for direct marketing activities, you can object free of charge at any time via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Cookie Usage
6.1 What is the function of the cookies that our website uses?
6.2 Cookies on our website
Strictly necessary and functionality cookies:
Oracle Eloqua - Eloqua asynchronous tracking script allows EDB to track visitors’ webpage visits seamlessly without affecting the page load time. Eloqua uses email address as the unique identifier in the system. Information gathered from visitors’ web visits will be linked to the email address they have submitted to Eloqua. Eloqua cookies are valid for up to two years, or unless the user clears their cookies. For more information on how Eloqua uses your data, please refer to : https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/marketing-cloud-data-cloud-privacy-policy.html
Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics – EDB uses Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics to analyse users’ behaviour and interaction on our website. Your web browser automatically sends certain information to Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. For more information on the analytics cookies, please refer to https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage and https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whitepapers/cookies/cookies_analytics.html Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics cookies are valid for up to two years, or unless the user clears their cookies. To opt-out from Google Analytics tracking, please refer to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
6.3 How to diable cookies
If you would like to enable or disable our cookies, please follow the instructions below:
(a) Google Chrome
- - Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
- - Select Settings
- - Click ‘Show advanced settings’
- - In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- - • To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- - To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
- - For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google
(b) Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- - Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'
- - In the options window, navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
- - To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
- - To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
- - For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft
(c) Mozilla Firefox
- - Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
- - Select the Privacy panel
- - To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- - To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- - For more information on other cookie settings offered in Mozilla, refer to the following page from Mozilla
- - Click on 'Setting’ at the browser menu and select 'Settings'
- - Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- - To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
- - To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
- - For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software
(e) Safari on OSX
- - Click on 'Safari' at the menu bar and select the 'Preferences' option
- - Click on 'Security'
- - To enable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Only from site you navigate to'
- - To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
- - For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and can be addressed to email@example.com.